Jewels of Alaska - with Glacier Discovery Cruise Verandah Cabin, Summer 2021
Brochure Type: 2021 Americas
Welcome to Alaska. A haven for nature lovers, this US state is home to sweeping landscapes, calving glaciers and spectacular national parks. While here you'll have the opportunity to explore the iconic Denali National Park and to immerse yourself in its natural beauty, which is abundant in wildlife and breathtaking views. You'll have a range of stylish transportation options to see you through your trip, with the second half of your journey on board your Holland America cruise ship.
- Anchorage: Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner at MUSE, located in the Anchorage Museum, a venue dedicated to studying and exploring the land, people, art and history of Alaska.
- Alaskan Railroad: For tonight's dinner with wine, the choice is yours between a local brewery or your lodge's restaurant during your Dine-Around evening.
- Girdwood: In the evening, join your Travel Director for a wonderful Celebration Dinner, complete with wine and good cheer.
- Whittier: Visit with the Captain in the wheelhouse and enjoy lunch.
- Dining Summary: 6 Breakfasts (B), 2 Lunches (L) and 3 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Anchorage: Enjoy an exclusive presentation on making Agutak (Eskimo ice cream) by Alaska's first people during a visit to the renowned Alaska Native Heritage Center.
- Talkeetna: Enjoy an included Jet Boat Tour up the Chulitna River and visit a Trappers Cabin. Learn about the lifestyle of hunting and trapping in Interior Alaska.
- Denali: Meet a local climber at a private reception and hear first-hand about their experience climbing the tallest land-based mountain in the world.
- Denali: Meet the champion dog team of four-time Iditarod winner, Martin Buser and learn about the challenges of competing in the 1,049-mile (1,688 km) dogsled race and enjoy lunch at his home.
- Anchorage: Get acquainted with Anchorage on an included city tour.
- Matanuska Valley: Travel through the fertile Matanuska Valley and stop at a local farm to see how the long summer days and glacial silt create the perfect environment for growing vegetables and flowers.
- Alaskan Railroad: Enjoy a relaxed start this morning before boarding the world-famous Alaskan Railroad train for a spectacular journey over swift-rushing streams, towards Denali National Park and Preserve. View the majestic surroundings from the comfort of your glass-domed railcar.
- Prince William Sound: Travel to Whittier to board the 26 Glacier Cruise for a 100-mile boat tour of Prince William Sound and into the College Fjord where you will come up close and personal to the glaciers.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (972) 298-5554 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15010239
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 14 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Anchorage||Anchorage, the City of Lights and Flowers.: Welcome to Alaska, an adventurous land of wildlife, mountains, national parks and glaciers. Upon arrival at Anchorage International Airport, you'll be transferred to your hotel. Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner at MUSE, located in the Anchorage Museum, a venue dedicated to studying and exploring the land, people, art and history of Alaska. (Dinner with Wine)|
Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa.
|Day 2||Talkeetna||Anchorage Sightseeing and the Matanuska Valley.: Get acquainted with Anchorage with on an included city tour. Enjoy an exclusive Agutak (Inuit Ice Cream) making demonstration by Alaska's Indigenous people during a visit to the renowned Alaska Native Heritage Center. Learn how this culinary treat establishes a link to the past, inspires a sense of pride and spurs a dialogue about an ancient people's remarkable ability to survive. This afternoon, travel through the fertile Matanuska Valley and stop at a local farm to see how the long summer days and glacial silt create the perfect environment for growing vegetables and flowers. Depart Anchorage for the quaint community of Talkeetna, nestled at the base of Mount Denali, North America's tallest peak. The evening is yours at leisure, so ask your Travel Director for suggestions on where is best to head for a bite to eat. (Breakfast)|
Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge.
|Day 3||Talkeetna||Talkeetna Sightseeing.: This morning, enjoy an included jet boat tour up the Chulitna River and visit a Trapper Cabin. Learn about the lifestyle of hunting and trapping in Interior Alaska. The rest of the day is yours to explore more of Talkeetna or perhaps join an optional experience. (Breakfast)|
|Day 4||Journey Along the Alaskan Railroad||Journey Along the Alaskan Railroad.: Enjoy a relaxed start this morning before boarding the world-famous Alaskan Railroad train for a spectacular journey over swift-rushing streams, towards Denali National Park and Preserve. View the majestic surroundings from the comfort of your glass-domed railcar. Meet a local climber who will share stories about what it's like to brave a climb up the tallest land-based mountain in the world. For tonight's dinner with wine, the choice is yours between a local brewery or your lodge's restaurant during your Dine-Around evening. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Grande Denali Lodge.
|Day 5||Denali National Park||Denali National Park, the Crown Jewel of the Alaskan Wilderness.: With the Denali National Park and Preserve just a short drive away from your hotel, you'll find a number of ways to enjoy the Alaskan wilderness on your own, or spend the day partaking in one of our optional activities. From an exciting rafting trip down the Nenana River (waiver required) to a helicopter flightseeing tour or a Denali Wilderness walking tour, the choice is yours - just don't forget your camera! End the day back at your lodge and enjoy panoramic views of your surroundings at night. (Breakfast)|
|Day 6||Girdwood and Mount Alyeska||Girdwood and Mount Alyeska.: Enjoy a scenic journey on the George Parks Highway. Meet the champion dog team of four-time Iditarod winner, Martin Buser and learn about the challenges of competing in the 1,049-mile (1,688 km) dogsled race and enjoy lunch at his home. Journey on the Seward Highway along Turnagain Arm with its dramatic views, before arriving in the town of Girdwood, home of the Alyeska Resort and ski area. In the evening, join your Travel Director for a wonderful Celebration Dinner, complete with wine and good cheer. You'll get some shut eye at the luxurious Hotel Alyeska, which is nestled in a lush valley surrounded by mountain peaks, hanging glaciers and spectacular ocean views. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
The Hotel Alyeska.
|Day 7||Prince William Sound Cruise||Prince William Sound Cruise and on to join your Glacier Discovery Cruise.: Take this morning to enjoy the surroundings and amenities at the beautiful Alyeska resort. Travel to Whittier to board the 26 Glacier Cruise for a 100-mile boat tour of Prince William Sound and into the College Fjord where you will come up close and personal to the glaciers. Visit with the Captain in the wheelhouse and enjoy an included lunch. Continue your journey on the Glacier Discovery Cruise from Whittier, you will be transferred to the ship pier to board the MS Nieuw Amsterdam or MS Noordam where you'll enjoy dinner and set sail in the evening. While on board, the cruise line will provide you with options and activities for the day, so whether you want to stay on the ship or explore more on land, the choice is yours. You'll also have a wide range of meal options to choose from throughout your journey. Information about these will be given by the cruise line once on board. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
Holland America's MS Nieuw Amsterdam or MS Noordam.
|Day 8||Day at Sea||Cruising - Day at Sea.: Enjoy the facilities on board the ship during this day at sea. You will find plenty of options for entertainment, dining or shopping or simply sit back and relax. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 9||Glacier Bay National Park||Scenic Cruising - Glacier Bay National Park.: Today you'll catch Glacier Bay National Park's immense glaciers, towering peaks and icy rivers and imagine what Alaska was like before the first humans arrived. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 10||Haines||Cruising - Haines.: Haines-home to autumn's famous Alaska Bald Eagle Festival-lies alongside the longest fjord in America. Visit galleries offering traditional Tlingit art in the quaint downtown. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 11||Juneau||Cruising - Juneau.: Stroll Juneau's picturesque streets, stopping in eclectic shops and saloons from the Gold Rush era. Perhaps embark on an optional trip on the Mount Roberts Tramway for exhilarating views of the harbour and nearby mountains. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 12||Ketchikan||Cruising - Ketchikan.: Check out the world's largest collection of standing totem poles, intricately carved with native designs. Perhaps take an optional guided tour through town or a floatplane flightseeing trip. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 13||Inside Passage||Scenic Cruising - Inside Passage.: Revel in the scenery as you slowly glide past a maze of bays, glacier-carved fjords and waterways protected from the open sea by rugged, isolated islands. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 14||Vancouver||Depart Vancouver.: Sail into the iconic Vancouver Harbour early this morning. After disembarking, take your transfer to Vancouver International Airport or to the Westin Bayshore, Vancouver if you wish to extend your stay and explore more of this diverse city. Airport arrival will be at approximately 10:30. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Guaranteed Room Share is not available on Land and Cruise. Single and Triple cruise staterooms are available on a request basis only. All departures are sailing on the MS Nieuw Amsterdam or MS Noordam. Above prices include Cruise Fees, Taxes & Tips and are accurate as of 01 May 2020. These compulsory charges are levied by the cruise line and comprise a Non-Discountable Amount, Government Fees, Taxes and Tips/Gratuities - see Terms and Conditions for details. Guests that book an Ocean View or Verandah Stateroom by February 28th, 2021 will receive a Shipboard Credit of $25 p.p. for Ocean View & $50 p.p. for Verandah Staterooms.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class