How to Plan the Best Family Reunion Vacation for 2018
Family reunions are the perfect way to catch up with those members you don't get to see very often.
All families deserve this time to bond and spend quality time together. These reunions also take a lot of work to plan and execute.
With the right steps, you can ensure you have a successful family reunion everyone will enjoy. Let's get you planning.
Start With a Rough Plan
The first thing you need to do when planning a family reunion is come up with an initial plan.
Put down on paper which family members are interested in attending. List the ages of all the family members in attendance.
List a few possible dates for the reunion that can accommodate people's work and school schedules.
Before doing any major planning, some suggest sending out a questionnaire to find out people's preferences.
Location, Location, Location
This decisionis one of the most important steps. You have a lot to consider before choosing the location of your reunion. Do most of your family members live in the same state or are they spread across multiple states or countries?
Do people want to go somewhere within driving distance or a destination that will require flying?
For example, if there are many young family members the options are National Parks, cruises, and beach destinations.
If the family reunion vacation has a majority of grownups, you can choose a nice resort near a vineyard or an island resort.
Appoint Key Planners
Every family has a born leader who always plans such events. However, for a large-scale event, one person can't do it alone.
Dividing the tasks among those who volunteer will make the whole experience more manageable.
Pick someone who can be in charge of:
All the key planners should remain in communication to update the others their progress with their specific area.
Set A Budget
Nothing can spoil a reunion like not setting a budget and sticking to it.
Forthis event to be successful, you must take into consideration everyone's finances.
No matter what you do, always try to keep the costs low and cut corners wherever you can. It's a good idea to contact an agent to get the best travel package.
Give each family plenty of time to come up with the money if you're asking every member to pitch in a set amount.
Plan Activities for Everyone
It might be difficult to find activities people who are 10 and 45 will both enjoy. Like we said, it depends on who the majority is and then you can gear activities and events accordingly.
Make sure you know your audience. For example, a beach destination is enjoyable at any age. If you're not heading to the beach, then does the destination have enough activities for everyone to enjoy:
Do lots of research to ensure you can accommodate everyone. The point is to make it enjoyable for all the members of the family, not just accommodate a few.
Ready for Your Family Reunion?
We hope this guide has inspired you to get started so you can make your 2018 reunion unforgettable.
At Joyride Travel, we've been helping people plan their dream vacations for 20 years. Let us help you plan yours! Contact us- your dream vacation is a click away.
Joyride Travel is made up of experienced travel agents with more than 20 years of hands-on knowledge providing vacation packages, cruises, tours and customized plans for domestic and international travel. We'll help you create the vacation of a lifetime.
Do not Book Online Travel until You Read This
For most people, traveling to faraway places is the fulfillment of a dream. They have saved for it over a lengthy amount of time, years even - missed favorite movies and lattes, saved on gas and electricity - just to reach their dream destination.
Does this sound like you? Are you ready to book a flight, pack your bags and enjoy the island of your dreams? But if given the chance, would you like to reach that destination at a more affordable rate and with far less worries?
You can, with the right vacation package from an online travel agent. But, as with everything else, not all vacation packages are created equal and not all travel agencies can give you the best deals. How to find the best deal? Read on and find out.
4 Things to Look for When You Book Online Travel
1. Accommodations. Remember that this will be the place you'll be staying in for the entire duration of your vacation, so it's best to find out way before the trip if it has all the amenities you need. Are you taking your kids? Then, it's best to ask your travel agent for a kid-friendly cruise, hotel or recommended destination. Working with a budget? Your online travel agent can suggest destinations that can fit your needs at a price you can afford while still allowing you to get the full experience.
2. Meals. It's recommended to check the foods and beverages that will be served to you during your stay if you have dietary restrictions, medical conditions or allergies. Also, this will prevent you from ordering foods and drinks that might end up as add-ons because they are not included in the travel package.
3. Fine print. Never sign a contract without reading the fine print. Make sure that everything's clear to you and you understand the limitations set in your itinerary. Check out the terms and conditions. Ask your travel agent to explain terms that seem to be too vague or unclear to you. Ask about their policies on delays or cancellations. This way, you'll know what happens to your hard-earned money in case you need to cancel or reschedule your vacation.
4. Entertainment. Ask your online travel agent about the entertainment scene in the destination you wish to visit. Are there concert halls? Sports centers? Convenience stores? How about outings and excursions? Knowing these things can help you pack appropriate clothing and accessories.
These are just some of the things that you need to look for when booking for a vacation package. Remember to book with travel companies that are known for their good reputation and track record
A Complete Vacation Package: What to Ask for from Travel Companies
It is that time of the year to think about having a much-needed break from the reality of your everyday life. You budget for months and wait with anticipation as your vacation money grows in the bank. Now is the time to reward yourself, start looking for a travel agent and make plans for a one-of-a-kind vacation.
What to look for when choosing an online travel agency
There are more than a hundred online travel agencies that offer travel deals to anywhere in the world. Proceed with caution though. There are booking sites that advertise unbelievably low packages but when you start booking, you will be redirected to different sites and asked to fill out loads of forms and may even end up paying much more than the advertised price.
Choose a reputable online travel agent with good reviews and ratings. Check their online reviews. Past customers often provide insight as to the service they received and the deals they got. When you find a trustworthy travel agent, make a checklist of what you need from them. The following should be at the top of your list:
1. Low cost tickets – make sure that your tickets are refundable and offer minimal layovers. Most inexpensive flights have several layovers, but you can actually make the most of the in-between flight hours by exploring the airport and the nearby surrounding attractions depending on the duration of your layover.
2. Affordable hotel accommodations – if you are traveling on a budget, find a bed-and-breakfast in the outskirts of the city which are often less expensive than the ones in city downtown areas. It is not difficult to find a place that will meet your expectations and offer efficient hotel services. Hotels affiliated with travel agencies have flexible check-in and checkout hours. If you are arriving late, remind the agent beforehand.
3. Travel insurance – this is necessary when traveling. Make sure you prepare for any incidences like getting sick or an accident that jams the highway or even weather related incidences. A comprehensive coverage should be included in the travel services offered by your booking agent.
4. Tour packages – choose an itinerary that lets you see the sights and get a taste of the culture. If you like to explore the place at a more leisurely pace, do not take the guided tours. Do not forget to inform the front desk of your whereabouts and bring a street map with you when you go out on your own.
Lastly, before you book online travel packages, make sure you find the best deal. It is better to call the agent and ask for a detailed proposal before you commit. When your booking complete, look forward to a new experience of collecting wonderful memories. Leave your worries at home, after all, life is a journey you must enjoy to live fully.
Travel Insurance: Why Purchase It from your Travel Agent?
Regardless of how frequently you travel, travel insurance is a must. It can save you from a host of unpleasant emergencies and situations that can put a huge dent in your pocket, compromise your comfort, or worse, threaten your security.
That's why travel insurance should always be on the top of your checklist each time you decide to book a vacation. Who should you buy it from? Some people hesitate to purchase it from their travel companies thinking that it's just another rip off. Yes, travel services do get commissions for selling insurance, but the advantages they can provide more than make up for the cost.
What Advantages Will You Get from Buying Insurance from Duncanville Travel Companies?
There are so many reasons why a Duncanville resident will benefit from purchasing Travel Insurance. One reason would be economy. It's because when you purchase travel insurance from travel companies in your area, the need for transportation and related expenses are minimized. And in the event that something happens to you while you're away, your relatives can contact them easily.
You also benefit from their skills and experience. For example, travel agents have in some instances toured the places that they offer in their packages. They can give you tips on where to buy the cheapest souvenirs or eat the best meals. Not to mention that they know their way around. So in case you get lost during one of your explorations, just call your agent and they can help you out.
But the best reason for buying insurance from your local travel agent is the connections they have. There was once a doctor and his wife who decided to visit their relatives. During their stay, an incident happened - in a building a few meters away from the hotel they were booked in. The doctor's wife, who was pregnant at that time, wanted to board the next available plane home. They called the airport, but there wasn't any plane available. They called their agent, the agent talked to an airline insider, and the doctor and his wife were able to book a flight in a matter of minutes. To top it all, the agency refunded a huge portion of their cancelled vacation.
Traveling can be a fun and exciting activity when you don't have to worry about your safety and security. Just remember to hire the services of a reputable Duncanville travel agent today.